Today we’ll check out a Pacific Northwest mortgage lender by the name of “Evergreen Home Loans” that has more than three decades of home financing experience.
That’s a lot more than your average mortgage lender out there, and speaks to their successful business model, which marries technology with human touch.
Despite being around since the late 1980s, they’ve taken the time to update their website and integrate the latest technology, including a digital mortgage application, smartphone app, and eClose signing ability.
Let’s dig in to learn more about them.
Evergreen Home Loans Fast Facts
- Direct-to-consumer retail mortgage lender with branches in six states
- A dba of Evergreen Moneysource Mortgage Company
- Offers home purchase, construction, and refinance loans
- Founded in 1987, headquartered in Bellevue, Washington
- Funded roughly $3.5 billion in home loans last year
- Licensed to do business in 9 western states currently
- Their Security Plus Seller Guarantee may provide an edge in a competitive housing market
At the moment, the company is licensed primarily on the West Coast, in the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.
Despite that, they still produced about $3.5 billion in home loans last year, with more than two-thirds of it from home purchase financing, and the remainder mortgage refinances.
Much of their production consists of conventional loans, though they also do a good chunk of FHA lending, VA loans, and jumbos.
About 60% of total loan origination volume came from their home state of Washington.
How to Apply with Evergreen Home Loans
- To get started simply visit their website and click on “apply for a loan”
- They offer a so-called Digital Mortgage Advantage that is backed by the latest tech
- Allows borrowers to scan/upload or digitally verify assets by connecting their accounts
- And eClose by electronically signing most closing documents from anywhere using a computer or mobile device
Evergreen Home Loans says it believes in technology, but also acknowledges that it takes a human hand to get its customers home.
That means you’ll have a dedicated loan officer and processor who will help you every step of the way, though you can also perform most tasks on your own if you wish.
Their digital mortgage application powered by ICE Mortgage Technology is known as “Digital Mortgage Advantage,” and it allows you to apply for a home loan from any device, including their free mobile app.
You can scan/upload requested documents and/or digitally verify your checking, savings, retirement, or investment statements using your own bank’s login credentials.
When it comes to sign, they offer an eClose option where you can eSign most closing documents from anywhere using a computer or mobile device.
To get started, you can visit their website and browse their loan officer directory to view bios and contact info, or simply hit apply and get started on your own.
It’s always recommended to get mortgage rate pricing first, then proceed to the application if you’re happy with what you hear.
Either way, they appear to make it easy and fast to apply for a mortgage thanks to their use of the latest technology available.
And they’ve also got physical offices in six states if you prefer to work face-to-face.
Loan Programs Offered by Evergreen Home Loans
- Home purchase loans
- Refinance loans: rate and term, cash out, streamline
- Home renovation loans
- New construction loans
- Conventional loans backed by Fannie and Freddie
- Jumbo loans
- FHA loans
- VA loans
- USDA loans
One thing Evergreen Home Loans seems to excel at is home purchase lending. Part of that could have to do with their robust mortgage pre-approvals and their Security Plus Seller Guarantee.
That guarantee gives the seller(s) $5,000 if they’re unable to close the loan, enough to perhaps entice them to accept an Evergreen loan offer with a Security Plus Seller Guarantee over a higher-priced bid.
They also offer construction-to-permanent financing if you’re building a home, including a one-time close (OTC) loan that allows for an all-in-one home loan experience.
Those who already own a home can take advantage of a home renovation loan, such as the popular FHA 203k program, or a mortgage refinance, including rate and term, cash out, or streamline options.
They offer all the major home loan types, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, and USDA, with reverse mortgages and second mortgages perhaps the only options missing.
You can get a fixed-rate mortgage like the 30-year or 15-year, or an adjustable-rate mortgage, such as the 5/1 ARM.
Evergreen Home Loans Rates
One slight drawback to Evergreen Home Loans is their lack of transparency regarding mortgage rates. You won’t find them displayed on their website.
While this doesn’t mean they’re necessarily good, bad, or otherwise, you’ll need to speak with a human loan officer first to see where they stand.
The same is true of their lender fees, which don’t appear to be listed on their website.
When you get in touch, make sure you inquire about both their interest rates and lender fees, which collectively make up the mortgage APR.
Once you’ve got all the details you can use their mortgage quote to shop and compare with other banks and lenders out there.
Evergreen Home Loans Reviews
On Zillow, Evergreen Home Loans has an almost flawless 4.97-star rating out of 5 from about 1,600 customer reviews, with many saying the interest rate and/or closing costs were lower than expected.
And on SocialSurvey, they’ve got a similarly stellar 4.93-star rating from nearly 10,000 reviews, which speaks to their consistency in the customer satisfaction department.
They’ve also got excellent reviews at many of their individual branch locations on Google if you want to search local, physical offices.
While they aren’t an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau, they do hold a perfect ‘A+’ rating based on customer complaints.
In summary, Evergreen Home Loans seems like a good fit for both home buyers and those interested in building or renovating a new home.
They also offer a guarantee to sellers that your home loan will close, which could give you a serious leg up in a competitive housing market.
Additionally, they could be a good choice for existing homeowners looking to refinance because they offer a wide array of loan programs and have lots of physical locations for those who prefer a local touch.
Evergreen Home Loans Pros and Cons
The Good Stuff
- Can apply for a home loan online without human assistance
- Offer a digital mortgage application powered by ICE Mortgage Technology
- Security Plus Seller Guarantee for home buyers in competitive markets
- Lots of different loan programs to choose from including construction loans and jumbos
- Also have physical locations in six states if you prefer in-person consultation
- Excellent reviews from past customers across all major ratings websites
- A+ BBB rating
- Variety of free mortgage calculators and mortgage glossary on their website
- Free Evergreen mobile app for smartphones
- Only licensed in states on the West Coast
- Do not list mortgage rates or lender fees
(photo: Frank Olivier Schwellinger)